- About Woldgate
- Sixth Form
- School Calendar
Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children in our school. The school would welcome those who can contribute to the leadership of the school as a community, but who can also assist the charitable trust in the management of the schools finances, with education law, employment law and those who have extensive experience in leadership positions within business.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:-
· Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school
· Is community spirited and would like to represent the community
· Has spare time and the energy for the role
· Is able to work well as part of a team
· Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school
· Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements
These volunteer positions are open to parents/guardians or other people from our community. Co-opted governors are not elected by a parent election but are instead appointed directly by the governing body.
What is the role of the governing body?
· Helping to set and review the schools strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement
· Holding the Headteacher and school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
· Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure public money is well spent
What does the role offer?
· A chance to develop your own personal skills
· Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters
· A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
· The support and guidance from fellow governors
In looking to fill these vacancies please do not be put off if you feel you do not have the skills. What is more important is enthusiasm, interest and the willingness to learn. If you are interested or know of somebody else please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be sent via email to Lucy Bailey, Personnel & Communications Officer, email@example.com or posted to Lucy Bailey, Woldgate School, 92 Kilnwick Road, Pocklington, York, YO42 2LL.
Woldgate School as part of the Wolds Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and pursuing equality of opportunity in employment. Wolds Learning Partnership is a charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with Company Number: 10518602. Registered Office: 92 Kilnwick Road Pocklington, York YO42 2LL
Lower School Contact (Years 7, 8 & 9) - Mr S Butcher - 07790 351283
Upper School Contact (Years 10 & 11) - Mrs C Wright - 07790 351281
Sixth Form Contact (Years 12 & 13) - Mrs R Bourne - 07790 351276
If you require paper copies of any documents on our website please contact the school office (contact details below)
Woldgate School and Sixth Form College, an Academy, is part of the Wolds Learning Partnership, a charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with Company Number: 10518602. Registered Office: 92 Kilnwick Road Pocklington, York YO42 2LL.